Category: Instrumental Solo
Score Sheet for Instrumental
Score Sheet for Percussion
- Your selection must be consistent with Christian values. For more information see the General Rules.
- Your selection and any spoken introduction must not exceed five minutes in length. Two points will be subtracted from your score if you exceed this limit.
- Your selection must be memorized.
- Before your performance, you must submit to the judges the original music/manuscript of the arrangement along with 4 photocopies. Failure to submit photocopies will result in an automatic disqualification. Your photocopies will not be returned and will be destroyed at the completion of the competition. (Copyright laws prohibit the use of photocopies in performance, including by the accompanist. If a photocopy is being used in the performance, the performer will be disqualified.) Downloaded music is acceptable provided a copy of the purchase receipt is attached.
- DRUMS: Music is required. If no drum music is available you may write out your own arrangement. The arrangement must be clear and accurate. The performance will be judged according to the arrangement provided.
- If you are using an accompaniment track, you must perform with the original track. If a track was downloaded from the internet, proof of purchase must accompany the track.
Competition Day Checklist
- Do I have my original music/manuscript?
- Do I have 4 photocopies of the music/manuscript?
- Do I have the accompaniment track?
- Am I dressed in a way that is appropriate for a scholarship competition? For more info on this, see General Rules – Attire